Flu and Cold are the most common diseases, and if you’re struggling with these or you want to take preventive actions in advance, you might want to consider adding this golden paste to your food regimen. It helps with all types of inflammation and you can very easily do this yourself at the comfort of your home.
The main ingredient in the golden paste is turmeric – the super spice with anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and detox abilities. It is known as the natural fighter against all sorts of pain. Given that your body might be having a hard time absorbing curcumin (the main ingredient in turmeric), make sure to add some oil and black pepper which will help the body absorb the spice more easily.
Ingredients for the Golden Paste
- 125 ml (4.3 oz) Turmeric Powder;
- 250 ml (8.5 oz) Water;
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper;
- 70 ml (2 oz) of organic olive or coconut oil.
1. Put the water and the turmeric powder in a bowl on medium heat and stir until you get a dense paste. This can take from 6 up to 10 minutes.
2. If the paste seems too thin, add more turmeric, and if it’s too dense, add water. The paste should be prepared on medium heat, or the ingredients will lose their healing attributes.
[the_ad id=”1651″]3. When you’re done, add pepper and oil and keep stirring until everything is blended in.
4. Remove the paste from heat and leave it to cool off. You can store the paste in a glass jar, and in the fridge where it can stay up to 2 weeks, which is when its efficiency will start fading.
How to Use the Golden Paste?
- If your intentions are to use the golden paste as a food additive, then you should add it at the end of cooking, so that the nutritious benefits stay preserved;
- You can add a teaspoon of the golden paste in a veggie soup or a cream soup;
- Add a little of the paste in your milk – it tastes delicious!